I’ve never really been much of a smoothie person. Over the years I’ve spent (quite possibly) hours watching Instagrammer after Instagrammer pouring their smoothies out of their Vitamixes. I have really tried my best to like smoothies. I’ve bought them, I’ve made them on and off for years but with very little success in ever really genuinely enjoying them.
Until I randomly decided to throw some random things together a week ago, and let me tell you now: it’s good.
It’s like the healthy coffee milkshake that you never knew you’ve always wanted. The key is to make sure you use the ripest bananas possible as it’s the only ingredient providing any sweetness.
Let me know if you try the recipe, or if you make any variations!
Ingredients (1 serving)
- Double shot of espresso
- 1 Ripe banana (the riper the better)
- 125-150 ml (really depends on your preferences so play around here) Cashew milk (my favourite is Plenish)
- 1 teaspoon cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 ice cubes
- Blend on a high speed until smooth
- Pour into a chic glass while playing your favourite song