Now I’ve finished my first yoga teacher training course I’m so excited to start setting some goals, both short term and long term, and I’m going to be tracking some of them on here over the coming months.
So why set goals? As an ambitious and competitive person who can get easily distracted, it’s important for me to have short term things to work on, competing with myself gradually to work towards bigger long term goals. And getting motivated and working hard to achieve something is a great feeling.
Some of my goals are physical, some career based and some are life based:
• Increase cardiovascular health/endurance
• Write consistent/quality blog posts
• Move out in the next few months
• Work on the stability of my inversions/handstands
• Get outside/away from my phone/laptop more often
• Increase my pull strength – in yoga we often push but I want to use weights more to increase my strength
• Start teaching yoga – first to one person and then build up
• Save money (more on this in a separate post!)
• Work on creative projects that inspire me
I bought a new tearaway Weekly Goals and Habits pad from Kikki K which I’m going to fill out weekly to try and keep myself on track.
First you choose three priorities each week, which is great for keeping things manageable rather than bombarding yourself with too much and giving up pretty quickly. Next you list the goals that you can do that week to support each of your three priorities and there’s a section for tracking daily which goals/habits you keep up with. Then you can write in a reward for the ones you do! There’s even a section to say what you are grateful for, what you learnt that week and what you want to work on next week – reflecting is so helpful when setting goals so you can see what’s working and what isn’t!
I also try to write daily to do lists which are amazing because crossing things off when you’ve done them is the most satisfying feeling!
I’ll try the weekly goals sheets out for a few weeks and let you know how it goes. If anyone has any other ideas for tracking/setting goals, please let me know! 🙂